We know your privacy is very important to you. We make sure it’s as important to us.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check regularly for any alterations.
We aim to be as clear as possible about how and why we use personal information about you on this website. If your questions are not fully answered by the information below, please get in touch. We'll be happy to help.Why we collect personal information about you?
- To provide you with online services which are detailed on our website
- To provide and/or enhance the services we offer to you
- To keep you informed of new products and/or services we are offering and think you may find of value
How we collect personal information about you
We collect information from you in three ways:
- Directly from you. We will ask you for collection and delivery details which may include personal information about you.
- From third parties. We may ask for information about you from third parties, for example when we get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card.
- From what you do on our site. This can show us, for example, which products you use most and least. We may use this information to personalise the site to better meet your needs.
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect through our website will be used within Consolidated Carriers Ltd.
Sometimes we'll share your information with carefully selected third parties outside of Consolidated Carriers Ltd. We may do this for the following reasons:
- To provide you with a service. Some of our services are provided in conjunction with our business partners. For example, when your payment card details are processed through our third party payment gateway and we need to disclose your personal information to them to provide you with the services.
- To protect Consolidated Carriers Ltd or others. We may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person's rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks.
We will only deal with third parties who we trust to act in our customers’ best interests and who treat our customers’ information with the same stringent controls we apply ourselves.
How long do we keep your information?
How long we keep your information collected through our website depends on the context in which you provided it. In particular:
We keep the information that’s necessary for us to provide you with a service you have requested or purchased through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
We’ll keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for up to two years. This is so we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
We’ll keep other information about you if it’s necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
Keeping your personal information secure
We know your privacy is very important to you and that you take the security of your personal information seriously.
We've implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
Access to our online services is protected by something called SSL 128 bit session encryption.
Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it’s transmitted so that it remains private even if it’s intercepted. 128- bit encryption is the strongest encryption currently used commercially. However, unless your Internet browser supports 128-bit encryption you will not be able to take advantage of this level of security.
Off-line, your information is kept securely in our databases and offices. We only allow our employees and trusted contractors to access your information, and only if they need it for a specific authorised task.
The computers which store your information are kept in a secure environment.
We do not store payment card details from this website.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
How you can help keep your personal information secure
As you would expect of us, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information you provide through our website is held and managed securely. However, there is a lot that you can do to help keep your personal information safe - not just on our website, but whenever you provide information online.
Here are some simple ways you can improve the security of your information:
Use a secure browser. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted.
128-bit encryption is the strongest encryption currently available. Be aware that not all browser versions support it.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to the hard drive of your computer when you use a website.
Our website uses both persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies are cookies that stay on your computer permanently until you 'manually' delete them. Session cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another one or shut down your browser.
If your browser is set up to reject application session cookies, some applications on our website won’t work.
Because the site cookie may contain or refer to some of your personal information we recommend you do not use our website from a publicly available computer.
Links to other sites
This website includes links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites, but we're not responsible for their privacy practices,site content or the services they offer.
We may record your call if you call any of the telephone numbers quoted on this website. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.