We at CCL are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of individuals. We know your privacy is very important to you - we make sure it is important to us too.
CCL includes the following companies, websites and trading names:
- Consolidated Carriers Limited (including CCL and ccl-logistics.com)
- CCL E-Biz Limited (including ParcelsPlease, ParcelsPlease.com and ParcelsPlease.co.uk)
- CCL UK Holdings Limited
- Advance Forwarding Limited (including CCL Advance, advanceforwarding.com and advanceforwarding.co.uk)
- Advance Packing Limited (including Advance Packing, advancepacking.com and advancepacking.co.uk)
- Kyria Limited (including kyria.co.uk)
- Alpharoute Transports Limited (including alpharoute.co.uk)
The data controller of your personal information will be the company listed above that you provided your personal information to.
What personal information do we collect about you?
The type of information and Personal Data that we collect about you when you visit our sites or deal with us may include the following:
- Personal details provided by you - such as your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and email address
- Payment information - including data to make purchases, such as your payment account details, credit card and debit card numbers, expiration date, shipping and billing address
- Account login information - including any information that is required for you to establish a user account, such as user name, password, security question and answer
- Transaction and usage information, such as details of services that you have purchased from us
- Marketing and communications information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing and communications from us
Why do we collect this information?
We only collect and use your personal data where we have a lawful basis to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Our use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you:
- to provide our services to you or to provide information relating to the services you currently use with us
- to provide information to you that you have requested from us relating to our services, eg an enquiry
- to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes
- for improving the quality of our products and services and to give you a better user experience
- to comply with our legal obligations, such as maintaining appropriate business records, handling complaints or complying with applicable laws and regulations or otherwise required by law
How do we collect information about you?
We collect information from you:
- Directly, such as asking you for collection and delivery details which may include personal information about you or when you open an account with us
- From third parties. We may ask for information about you from third parties, for example when we get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card
- From emails or telephone calls from you. We may record your call for training and quality control and to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards
Who sees your personal information?
Sometimes we will share your information with carefully selected third parties outside of CCL for the purposes set out in this Policy including to third party logistics carriers and to suppliers who provide card payment services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfers outside Europe
In certain circumstances, eg when we are fulfilling orders outside of the EEA or when we are using global carriers, the processing of your personal data may involve transfers of data outside of the EEA. Whenever your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it.
How do we ensure the security of your personal information?
We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- Access to our online services is protected by encryption. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. However, unless your internet browser supports encryption you will not be able to take advantage of this level of security
- Off-line - your information is kept securely in our databases and offices. We only allow our employees and trusted contractors access to your information, and then only if they need it for a specific authorised task
- The computers on which we store your information are kept in a secure environment
- We do not store payment card details from any of our websites – instead we use an external payment gateway to process your payments
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was provided by you or for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirement.
We may therefore retain your information for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When personal data is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your personal data, make it anonymous so that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you.
Our websites may include links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we are not responsible for content or privacy practices within these sites.
You have the right at any time to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Privacy and Compliance, Consolidated Carriers Limited, 27 Burnside Place, Troon, Ayrshire, KA10 6LZ You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Any questions relating to this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or write to Privacy and Compliance, Consolidated Carriers Limited, 27 Burnside Place, Troon, Ayrshire, KA10 6LZ.